Community Services Programme
Upholstery & Upcycling Worker
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or post to Recruitment, Galway Traveller Movement, 1 The Plaza, Headford Rd, Galway
The aim of the CSP is to provide employment and progression opportunities for members of the Traveller community in Galway city and the upcycling, re-upholstery and sale and reuse of furniture to low income households in Galway city.
Purpose of Job:
The Upholstery/ craft worker will play an active part in product development and supply. The role will work closely with the GTM Enterprise Manager and any other staff and/or volunteers to make the workshop a thriving business.
Responsibilities of the Upholster/Craft Worker
- Upcycle items from the public to order and create new items from other resources.
- Work towards making the workshop a thriving business. This will mean co-ordinating with the Manager and any other staff and/or volunteers on marketing, promoting, and selling products from the workshop.
- Work with others to keep the standard of production to a good consistent level.
- Assist in completion of all relevant reports.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner.
- Attend ongoing internal and external training.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with the GTM Manager to solve problems.
- A basic knowledge of upholstery and/or craft working equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate passion, energy and a positive attitude towards our work.
- An understanding of the Traveller economy and work
- An understanding of Traveller issues and Cultural diversity.
- A commitment to work out of an anti-racist and equality work perspective.
Hours & Salary:
39 hours per week
The role will report to the Enterprise Manager of Galway Traveller Movement